sig eventsCall for SIG Events
We invite you to send us an expression of interest before October 23, 2023.
Please let us know, if you will be organizing a SIG event:
- if the event will be run as half a day (2.5 hours) or a full day (5 hours);
- if the event is half a day, would you prefer:
- the morning 9:30 to 12:00 or
- afternoon 13:00 to 15:30 or
- are you flexible >> the conference venue can host up to 17 parallel SIG events, depending on demand you might be kindly asked to shorten your meeting to half a day or move it to the morning or afternoon timing.
In the first instance please send us an expression of interest, answering the points to Prof. Eglė Šumskienė, firstname.lastname@example.org before October 23, 2023. In January we will come back to you and ask for an abstract for the program.
About SIG Events
The SIG events will be held on Wednesday, April 17, 2024.
SIG events are key opportunities for SIG members to come together and forge research networks, ideas, and collaborations with each other.
Each year we are seeing more SIG’s holding an event. Since 2018 / 19 we have seen a rapid increase in the number of SIGs wanting to hold an event at ECSWR, which we welcome. However, so that the ECWR host can manage this event effectively it has become necessary to put in place some guidelines. SIG will be asked for an expression of interest the autumn before the conference and whether they would like a morning / afternoon or an all-day session. After the deadline it will become more difficult to include a SIG in the program.
The fees for the SIG event as of 2024 – press HERE.
The fees for the SIG events are very reasonable, this is reflected in the services that the host university can offer. The host will provide:
- A meeting room, with the usual AV but no technical support provided.
- Tea and coffee although this may be limited and light snacks during lunch for those holding an all-day meeting.
A convenors meeting will be held during Conference. This is a chance to give a brief update about SIG activities, and some discussion about the development of SIG. However, if there are specific issues you would like to discuss please don’t hesitate to contact Liz Frost, SIG Development Committee Chair via email@example.com
We look forward to hearing from you, in the meantime if you have any questions about the SIG events contact Eglė Šumskienė, firstname.lastname@example.org or if you have general enquiries about SIGs please email email@example.com